Sunday, October 10, 2021

Adding length to jeans part 2

 


This method doesn't need any cutting in the jeans so even easier than the first one. 

You can actually just add a piece of lace or ribbon at the bottom of the jeans. 

Unfortunately all the lace I had that me and my sister thought looked good wasn't wide enough. 

So I cut two pieces of fabric 8cm high and as wide as the jeans legs and a little bit for seam allowance. 

Folding them double, then sewing them together making two pieces of 3.5cm 

You can use only a piece of fabric as well, but I think this looks better. 












Now I'm adding the lace to the bottom of this strip of fabric 


I wasn't thinking about adding anything else, but wasn't happy about how it looked. 

Remembered I had some cool gold Zigzag ribbon and decided to add it over the lace 





Then sewing them together in the side 



Now it's just to sew them to the bottom of the jeans 

I decided to hand stitch to make it invisible on the outside. 


I stitched in the top of the hem making sure it's not visible at the front. 



 




I'm quite happy with this pair as well. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool jacket repair

  I was asked if I could mend this double wool jacket. At first the owner only thought it was a few holes in the sleeves but discovered a bi...