Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Iron on adhesive

 Iron on adhesives are often used in applique, but are also very useful for mending.

It’s easy to use and fast.

All you really need is a hot iron and a piece of adhesive and a fabric patch and a hole or a stain to cover.





Cut out a patch of your choosing and cut a similar price of adhesive.

Put it on top of your hole or stain with the adhesive in the middle

Iron it in place. Make sure you don’t iron it stuck to your garments or ironing table. I use the kind of paper you also use for baking underneath.

And you are done. You can of course choose to stitch on top if you like to.

I often feel it looks unfinished only ironing it on. But you don’t have to do anything else about it if you don’t want to.






 It also works well if you have a garment that is very fragile like my wool shirt that just made new holes when I tried to repair it. 
I used a under layer from an outgrown woolshirt from Jr. 
And just iron on adhesive attached it to the inside of the shirt. Preventing it from falling apart while stitching on it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool jacket repair

  I was asked if I could mend this double wool jacket. At first the owner only thought it was a few holes in the sleeves but discovered a bi...