Monday, May 10, 2021

Water Soluble Embroidery Stabiliser.



 Water Soluble Embroidery Stabiliser.



I have had a few questions about how I to use the water Soluble Embroidery stabiliser.

It’s quite easy.

You find a pattern you want to use, and put the embroidery stabiliser on top and draw with a pen after the lines.

I have a book with different patterns, or I look for something online.

Often I Google coloring pages as they are easy to copy.




When you have drawn your pattern, pin the stabiliser to the place you want to embroidery. 



Then just embroidery as usual over both the fabric and the stabiliser. It feels a bit odd to stitch through the stabiliser but I promise you the end result will be great.



It’s also very handy if you have a delicate fabric, making it more stable and easier to stitch. Like the dragon I stitch on my sisters shirt for mendmarch.




When you are finished with your embroidery it’s just to put your work under the tap and let running water do the job.





Much easier than using see-through paper like I did earlier, as it is tricky to remove and it would tear while you stitch. And often makes your embroidery a little too loose.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool jacket repair

  I was asked if I could mend this double wool jacket. At first the owner only thought it was a few holes in the sleeves but discovered a bi...